How to use Ditch Witch TK series locator
This page serves as a brief instruction for individuals who have previous experience using equipment similar to the one you have purchased. We strongly recommend that prior to using your equipment, you carefully read the manual that accompanies it. It is essential that you keep the manual with the equipment at all times for future reference. In the event that you require a replacement copy of the manual, please contact your dealer.
The TK Series Guidance System is a powerful tool for tracking beacon signals and guiding your machine during work. This short instruction is suitable for TK, TKD and TKQ guidance systems. Here's how to use it:
- Familiarize yourself with the equipment: Before using the TK Series Tracker, it is important to read the manual carefully. The manual provides safety information and operation instructions that will help you use and maintain your Subsite Electronics equipment.
- Record serial numbers and date of purchase: Record the serial numbers and date of purchase of your Subsite components in the spaces provided in the manual. This information will be useful if you need to order replacement or repair parts.
- Set Up the System
To set up the system, you will need to calibrate the tracker to the beacon. There are two methods for doing this: manual and Bluetooth.
- Activate the beacon and place it on the ground exactly 10 ft (305 cm) from the tracker.
- Position the tracker parallel to the center of the beacon.
- Select Beacon>Calibrate Depth and follow prompts.
- Activate the beacon.
- On the tracker, go to Wireless>Bluetooth.
- Select the correct TX_0000 beacon to create a connection.
- Start Tracking
Once you have calibrated your system, you can begin tracking beacon signals. Follow these steps:
- Turn on your machine and activate the tracker.
- The tracker will display a signal strength indicator that shows how close you are to the beacon.
- Use this information to guide your machine during work.
If you experience any issues with your TK Series Guidance System, refer to page 47 of the operator's manual for service intervals and instructions.