This page serves as a brief instruction for individuals who have previous experience using equipment similar to the one you have purchased. We strongly recommend that prior to using your equipment, you carefully read the manual that accompanies it. It is essential that you keep the manual with the equipment at all times for future reference. In the event that you require a replacement copy of the manual, please contact your dealer.
Here is a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Safety First: Before using the DigiTrak SE, read the entire manual, especially the section on safety. Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when operating the system.
- Calibrate the System: To ensure accurate readings, calibrate the system before each use. Follow the instructions in Chapter 3 of the manual to calibrate both the receiver and transmitter.
- Install Transmitter: Install a transmitter in the drill head before beginning directional drilling operations. The transmitter emits a signal that can be detected by the receiver.
- Power On Receiver: Turn on the handheld receiver and select "SE" mode.
- Locate Transmitter: Move around with the receiver until you detect a signal from the transmitter. The receiver will display information about depth, pitch, and roll of the transmitter.
- Mark Location: Once you have located the transmitter, mark its location on your map or other documentation for future reference.
- Repeat Process: Repeat steps 3-6 as necessary throughout your directional drilling operation.
- Power Off Receiver: When finished using the system, turn off both receiver and transmitter and store them in their designated cases.