How to use Digitrak Mark III locator
This page serves as a brief instruction for individuals who have previous experience using equipment similar to the one you have purchased. We strongly recommend that prior to using your equipment, you carefully read the manual that accompanies it. It is essential that you keep the manual with the equipment at all times for future reference. In the event that you require a replacement copy of the manual, please contact your dealer.
The Digitrak Mark III Directional Drilling Locating System is a powerful tool for navigating underground drilling and locating underground utilities. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use the system effectively:
1. Set up the transmitter: The transmitter is placed inside a housing that is rolled on a flat surface to verify that its clock positions match the display in the top right window. Once this is confirmed, lay a tape measure between the transmitter in the housing and the receiver.
2. Calibrate the receiver: The calibration procedure is outlined in detail in "Calibrating the Receiver" section of the manual. Follow these steps carefully to ensure accurate depth, pitch, roll, and locate points:
- Calibrate the system regularly: Regular calibration of the receiver and transmitter is essential for accurate readings. Follow the calibration procedure outlined in the manual carefully to ensure that your system is properly calibrated.
- Verify distance readings: After calibration, verify that the distance displayed in the bottom window matches the distance on your tape measure at varying distances, particularly 1.5 times your target depth for your intended borepath.
- Check pitch readings: Place the transmitter in the housing and verify that pitch readings remain the same when the housing is held level and rotated through at least four of the 12 clock positions.
- Use proper technique: When using your Mark III system, be sure to hold it steady and level to avoid any errors in readings due to movement or tilting.
- Avoid interference: Interference from other electronic devices or metal objects can affect your readings. Be sure to avoid these sources of interference when using your Mark III system.
3. Verify distance readings: After calibration, verify that the distance displayed in the bottom window matches the distance on your tape measure at varying distances, particularly 1.5 times your target depth for your intended borepath.
4.Begin locating. Use your Mark III to accurately determine depth, pitch, roll, and locate points as you drill.
5. Troubleshoot issues: If you encounter any issues while using your Mark III system, refer back to "Troubleshooting" section of your manual.
6. Practice safety precautions: Always practice safety precautions when using any drilling or locating equipment. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), follow all safety guidelines, and be aware of your surroundings at all times.
By following these steps, you can effectively use the Mark III Directional Drilling Locating System to accurately navigate underground drilling and locate underground utilities. Remember to always refer back to your Operator's Manual for guidance and assistance.