This page serves as a brief instruction for individuals who have previous experience using equipment similar to the one you have purchased. We strongly recommend that prior to using your equipment, you carefully read the manual that accompanies it. It is essential that you keep the manual with the equipment at all times for future reference. In the event that you require a replacement copy of the manual, please contact your dealer.
DigiTrak Falcon F5 is a state-of-the-art directional drilling locating system that combines advanced technology with ease of use. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use the Falcon F5 for your HDD projects:
- Calibrate the System
Before you start using the Falcon F5, it's important to calibrate the system to ensure accurate measurements. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn on the receiver and transmitter.
- Place the transmitter in a known location and depth.
- Use the receiver to locate the transmitter and verify its location and depth.
- Adjust any necessary settings or offsets to ensure accurate measurements.
- Set Up the Locating Procedure
Once you've calibrated the system, it's time to set up your locating procedure. Here are some tips:
- Choose a quiet frequency band using the Falcon frequency optimizer.
- Select your preferred locating method (walkover or drill-to).
- Determine your starting point and direction of drilling.
- Mark your bore path with flags or paint.
- Begin Locating
Now that you've set up your procedure, it's time to begin locating. Here are some steps to follow:
- Turn on both the receiver and transmitter.
- Walk over or drill-to each flag or paint mark along your bore path.
- Use the receiver to locate the transmitter and verify its location and depth at each point.
- Adjust any necessary settings or offsets as needed.
- Monitor Fluid Pressure
As you're drilling, it's important to monitor fluid pressure using the Falcon F5. This will help you detect any potential issues with your drilling process before they become major problems. To monitor fluid pressure, follow these steps:
- Connect the pressure sensor to your drilling rig.
- Turn on fluid pressure monitoring in the Falcon F5 menu.
- Monitor fluid pressure readings throughout your drilling process.
- Log Your Data
Finally, it's important to log your data using the Falcon F5's DataLog software. This will help you keep track of your drilling progress and make any necessary adjustments along the way. To log your data, follow these steps:
- Turn on DataLog in the Falcon F5 menu.
- Enter any relevant information about your project (e.g. job name, location, etc.).
- Log your data at each point along your bore path.