This page serves as a brief instruction for individuals who have previous experience using equipment similar to the one you have purchased. We strongly recommend that prior to using your equipment, you carefully read the manual that accompanies it. It is essential that you keep the manual with the equipment at all times for future reference. In the event that you require a replacement copy of the manual, please contact your dealer.
The DigiTrak Falcon F2 is a powerful directional drilling guidance system that provides reliable and accurate locating capabilities. With its innovative Falcon frequency optimization technology, it can overcome active interference and help you complete HDD projects with ease. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use the DigiTrak Falcon F2:
- Calibrate the System
Before using the DigiTrak Falcon F2, it's essential to calibrate the system to ensure accurate readings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn on the receiver and transmitter.
- Place the transmitter in a known location with a clear line of sight to the receiver.
- Press "Calibrate" on the receiver's touchscreen display.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the calibration process.
- Set Up the Locating Procedure
Once you've calibrated the system, you're ready to set up your locating procedure. Here are some tips:
- Choose a quiet frequency band: The Falcon F2 measures jobsite noise and displays several bands of quietest transmitter frequencies to select from. Choose two of the best bands for your job site.
- Select your target depth: Determine your target depth and set it on both the receiver and transmitter.
- Use Target Steering: The DigiTrak Falcon F2 features Target Steering, which helps you keep your bore path on track by providing real-time information about your target location.
- Begin Locating
With your system calibrated and locating procedure set up, you're ready to begin locating. Here are some tips:
- Walk slowly: Move slowly while holding the receiver close to the ground for accurate readings.
- Watch for changes in signal strength: As you move closer or farther away from your target location, watch for changes in signal strength on the receiver's touchscreen display.
- Adjust Roll Offset: If you're drilling at an angle, use Roll Offset to adjust the receiver's display to match the angle of your bore path.
- Complete the Job
Once you've located your target location, you're ready to complete the job. Here are some tips:
- Mark your spot: Use a marker or flag to mark your target location for reference.
- Verify depth: Use a measuring tape or other tool to verify that you've reached your target depth.
- Turn off the system: When you're finished, turn off both the receiver and transmitter.