This page serves as a brief instruction for individuals who have previous experience using equipment similar to the one you have purchased. We strongly recommend that prior to using your equipment, you carefully read the manual that accompanies it. It is essential that you keep the manual with the equipment at all times for future reference. In the event that you require a replacement copy of the manual, please contact your dealer.
The DigiTrak F2 Locating System is a powerful tool used during horizontal directional drilling operations to locate and track a transmitter installed in the drill head. Here's how to use it:
- Familiarize yourself with the equipment: A complete F2 system consists of a handheld receiver, a transmitter, a remote display with battery and cable power options, a battery charger system, and three rechargeable lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery packs for powering the receiver and remote. There are six transmitter options for use with the F2 system, including 12-kHz and 19.2-kHz frequency options and a cable transmitter option.
- Calibrate the system: Calibration is necessary prior to first-time use and before a different transmitter, receiver, or drill head is to be used. The Calibration Menu allows you to calibrate the receiver to the transmitter using either the above-ground (1-point) method or below-ground (2-point) method.
- Set your preferences: The Settings Menu allows you to change depth units, pitch units, and transmitter options. You can also activate the roll offset function if necessary.
- Locate your target: The Target Steering Menu allows you to set your target depth and turn on the Target Steering function. Once you've set your target depth, return the display to standard locate mode.
- Begin locating: Hold the receiver parallel to the ground with both hands and move it slowly over the area where you believe the transmitter is located. The display will show an arrow pointing in the direction of the transmitter as well as its estimated depth.
- Refine your location: As you get closer to your target, use small movements of your hands or body to fine-tune your location until you have pinpointed it accurately.
- Repeat as necessary: If you need to locate multiple transmitters or drill heads, repeat the calibration and locating process for each one.
By following these steps, you can use the DigiTrak F2 Locating System to accurately locate and track transmitters during horizontal directional drilling operations. If you have any questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team.